Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day and Funnels

First of all....Happy Father's Day to my Daddy. I can call him Daddy because I'm his baby girl, enough said.
Secondly, not too long ago I posted about a deadly twister that hit NE Oklahoma on Mother's DAY. And then today on Father's DAY a tornado is reported two miles south of Wyandotte. Pretty much the location of my family. My family thank goodness soon after Mother's Day purchased a storm cellar and took cover today. There were a few trees down, but no damage other then that. AND no injuries.
Seriously, can Mother Nature leave my family alone on holidays? I was going to post a blog along the lines of a friend's recent entry, but he went ahead and wrote it for me. I totally agree with what he said.
Enough is enough Mother Nature, we understand you are having a bad year, but go to therapy to release your anger and stop releasing it on us. Thanks.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

I concur about the weather. Enough is enough already...

Father's Day usually depresses the hell out of me because I don't have a dad (Well, I actually have two, neither of whom gives a damn about me for some reason). But this year, we celebrated and made it all about Mike. He had a great day, and it made it worth it knowing that Emily has a wonderful Dad, even if I don't.