Sunday, September 21, 2008

Funny Things an 8 Year Old Says

My nephew, Guy, seems much older then his ripe age of 8. If he is in the mood, he is about the only 8 year old that I can carry on a conversation with....and it makes sense. He's sweet, inquisitive and hears EVERYTHING people say. EVERYTHING!
My nephew has really never been around a pregnancy before me. We have had a few cousins, but never someone so close to him. Well, Guy is very interested in me and my uterus or what is in my uterus. Here are just a few comments my little Guy-Man has said:

*Guy, "When will you be buffering?" Me, "What?" Guy, "You know buffering, where your belly sticks out?" Me, "Oh, you mean, showing?" Guy, "Yeah, that's what I mean."

*Guy, "I think I'm going to kidnap your baby because you and Brady won't know how to take care of it like I would."

*(after my first OB appointment) Guy, "Is the doctor still letting you drive a car?"

*Guy, "Are you having twins because if one is a boy and one is a girl, I will take the boy and raise it."

*Guy, "You need to come bring the baby home (his home) the day after you have it so I can see it." Me, "Guy, I'm not going to be able to drive that soon. You will probably come to Wichita instead." Guy, "Oh."

*Guy, "Do you have a big belly yet?" Me, "Yes, but it's not because I'm pregnant. No, I'm not showing....yet."

*Guy, "If they make you stay in bed then I will quit school for awhile and come take care of you."

My nephew is very special....to me. He is going to be a GREAT cousin, even though we will have to watch him like a hawk to make sure he doesn't kidnap my baby.

2 comments:

African Kelli said...

I love the kidnap comment. Kids are so funny!
Hope you are feeling great. You and Brady are in my thoughts!

Daisy said...

And the best thing is I can totally HEAR him saying those things! I have a feeling that between Guy and Mama Carol, you're going to have to keep a close eye on that little one!