Sunday, July 13, 2008

Proud of Being a Pen Snob

I'm a fan of Sharpie's. I love the way they write, especially the ones that are ultra-fine tipped. I do not love how they smell and bleed through paper. If it wasn't for this, I would write with them everyday. Well, the Sharpie company heard our (the pen snobs of the world) cries and created a Sharpie Pen!
I searched high and low for some here in Wichita. Ok, not high and low, just at Target and Office Max. The salesperson at Office Max gave me a weird look when I said I had seen the advertisements for the pen but couldn't find it anywhere (a little of a stretch). I also said that I loved Sharpie's and I was really looking forward to using a Sharpie Pen and I hoped they had them. I'm a little weird, this I know. She directed me to the Sharpie stand and a stupid, silly smile came over my face. It was like being a kid in a candy store.
My review of the new Sharpie Pen:
*It's not a fine tipped Sharpie Marker. Don't get me wrong, it is close, but it doesn't give you the dark coloring of a regular one.
*It doesn't smell....good thing.
*And so far, it doesn't bleed through paper.
*I enjoyed the way it flowed, especially with the way I print.
*I do believe I would buy more of this product, but probably only in black and blue. The red and green didn't really do anything for me. :)

Hello, my name is Charly and I'm a pen snob.

2 comments:

not so zen momma said...

There is nothing wrong with being a pen snob. But alas, even as a writer, I still enjoy using any free ballpoint pen (I stock up a banks) available to me. Shameful!

African Kelli said...

I am a total pen snob! I will make a point of writing more when I have pens I love. I am going to look for these tomorrow at Target. Thanks for the head's up!