Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted!


I am ashamed and proud to say that I voted in my first presidential election today. I've always been registered but have always been too lazy or I had the "I don't care" attitude to vote. Excuses, excuses! But today I dragged myself out of bed at 5:30am, after having weird dreams about my polling location (it included crazy people passing out religious materials, military propaganda on the voting machines and my two doxies running around crazy like)....anyways. I thought by going at 6 this morning that I would be the first in line. Ha. It was packed. I made my choice, smiled, took my "I Voted" sticker from the elderly lady and walked out the door at 6:45.

It took me 10 years to finally practice my right to vote. Regardless of my past laziness, I voted TODAY.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I had to wait for over an hour. All for a sticker. :)

Daisy said...

Way to go, Chuck! I did mine absentee, so it was kinda anti-climactic. I miss getting that sticker!