Sunday, January 13, 2008

Lovely Weekend

I'm typing here on a Sunday evening while Brady is watching the History channel and Okie has her nose under my foot. We had somewhat of an uneventful weekend but it was nice that way. Here's how it went down. :) By the way the weekend was deemed, Brady's Birthday Weekend.

Friday- After some wonderful Sonic fries and one of their new smoothies, Brady and I settled in to watch 3:10 to Yuma. I love western movies. This probably has to do with growing up with my grandpa and dad always watching them. But I love the new westerns that they are coming out with. Don't get me wrong, Tombstone and Lonesome Dove still rock.

Saturday-Went and picked up Brady's Birthday pie. He wanted an apple pie from Spear's. It was YUMMY! (Yes, I've kind of went off my eating better oath, but I'll get back on the wagon.)
We are looking to buy a couch and thought today was a perfect browsing day. I do have to say, I love the furniture stores in Kansas. They did not attack us like a bunch of wild hyenas as they do at a certain store in OKC. We found a few we like in our price range, but will continue to look until just the right one pops out to us.
For Brady's birthday dinner, we went to SUMO and had sushi. I wasn't fond of sushi the first time, but it was de-lish this time around. After watching Charlie Wilson's War (Very Good) we indulged in the apple pie with some vanilla ice cream to top it off.

Sunday-
Lunched with grandma and a dear friend, cleaned my very dirty jeep, had a phone conversation with an old friend and then an afternoon of laziness.
Ahhhh, I love these weekends. Tomorrow life settles back in and it's off to work and school.
Here's wishing everyone a peaceful and uneventful week.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Lazy weekends are the best!

not so zen momma said...

I wish it was the weekend right now.