Sunday, November 18, 2007

Giving Thanks

I broke the whole "blogging everyday thing" but it was all for a very good reason. I got to go home. Home to Wyandotte. I love going home even if it was for just the weekend. The drive is horrible since it gets dark at 2:00 in the afternoon, ok, maybe I'm exaggerating, but pretty darn close. But again it is all worth it to drive down that long driveway, greet the Hold'em, Roscoe, the many horses, and see mom and dad standing in the doorway. I love home! We went there this weekend to celebrate Thanksgiving a little early. I was able to eat good food, enjoy all my little adorable cousins, plus my niece and nephew who are freakin' awesome and spend time chatting with all my grown up cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, siblings and parents. I love home! Back to my niece and nephew.....first of all they are very talented and I'm not just saying that. My niece walks in Friday night and says that she is a rock star. She learned to play a couple of songs (by ear) on the guitar. (She also plays the harp, piano and she can draw like no one I've ever seen, especially at her age. I'm jealous.) She learned to play Smoke on the Water. And my nephew, well if you have ever met him you just know how cute he is. He's in his cowboy phase now and my dad couldn't be happier. Again, I love home!
Now, I'm back in Kansas and won't be going back to Wyandotte until after Christmas, due to our honeymoon to NYC. (yay!) I don't know about everyone else but going home gives me some of the best feelings in the world. Loving hugs, inside jokes, smells in the kitchen, loud breakfasts with the family, wet grass in the morning, kids running around, watching dad out and about the ranch, mom obsessing about every video on CMT, my sister and I bickering in our loving way and lingering hugs when you are leaving. I love home!
In other news.....
Happy Birthday Oklahoma! I wasn't in OKC for the weekend to celebrate with all the wonderful events, but I WAS in Oklahoma. So happy 100th to my favorite state.
Also, my parents had their 37th Wedding Anniversary on Friday. Amazing love story right there....I'll save that for another post.
Until my next visit, goodnight to all my family in the boonies.

No comments: